St. Kuriakose college started functioning on 12-07-2012, under St. Mary’s Charitable trust, Kuruppampady. This is a self financing College Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. This institution has been established with the main objective of imparting good quality education to students aspiring to achieve academic excellence. The college is located at a serene atmosphere on the Malecruze Chapel Hill, Kuruppampady, which has a distance of 5 km from Perumbavoor in Perumbavoor – Kothamangalam route. It is a semi-urban area.
It is the third educational project of St. Mary’s Charitable trust under the St. Mary’s Jacobite Syrian Cathedral, kuruppampady. The other two institutions are MGM Higher Secondary School, kuruppampady (Estd. 1921) and St. Mary’s Public school, kuruppampady (Estd. 2006). The college is established in the name of the patron, St. Kuriakose. The College got NOC from Kerala Government and affiliation from MG University, Kottayam as per the University order No. 3129/12/Ac AVII dated 26/06/2012.