• Duration : 3 Years – Six Semesters
• Level : Graduation
• Eligibility: A pass in Plus Two or Equivalent exam.
Travel and Tourism management has achieved quite some success in the recent few years due to its engaging and diverse sphere of relevance. This is owing to the Travel and Tourism industry’s rapid development as one of the leading industries of the world.
In recent times, Travel and Tourism has become one of the important members in international commerce, and it represent at the same time one of the most essential income sources for many developing countries.
With a strong foundation in Commerce, this course offers specialization in the travel and tourism industry. The course acquires increasing relevance in light of factors such as:
• Fast diversification and competition among preferred destinations.
• Rapid growth and increasing importance of the travel industry in India and abroad
With a pioneering and industry-driven curriculum, this course aims to equip students with:
• analytical, and policy-making skills.
• skills in sustainable tourism management.
• tourism- related expertise within both commercial business enterprises and the public-sector tourism industry.
• communication skills and customer-related service skills.
• management skills in relation to the discipline of tourism.
• skills in exploration of theories and business models that comprise tourism management.
• ability to operate effectively in the tourism and leisure industry.
• professional familiarity with operations of a travel agencies, etc.
This course in Tourism Administration is a combination of theoretical and practical components of study.
Students enrolled to the course are offered the opportunity to participate in various cultural and sports activities where they can learn to develop interpersonal and communication skills relevant to tourism administration. After the completion of the course, one can join any of the following programmes namely: MBA, MCA, M.Com, ACS, CA, MIB, MSW.